Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Trip to Canada / Holidays

So, this time tomorrow, I'll be on my way to Canada to spend my birthday (the 10th) as well as Thanksgiving on Monday (Canadian Thanksgiving for the non-Canadian readers out there :P). It'll be my first holiday spent with my family in four years, so I'm quite excited! :)

At this point, I think it's best that I don't go to [American] Thanksgiving and Christmas with my husband to his family's house, like we have every time in the past. I don't know if he's told any of his family or not (or if he will by then), but it'll be awkward for me nonetheless pretending that we're all happy and such. Meanwhile, he'll be on his phone the entire time, I'm sure, texting people. And I'd rather not have to deal with that at all. So, I'll celebrate the holidays at my new home, with my cat instead!

So, besides this last night before my trip, I'll only have a few more nights next week and then I'll finally be sleeping in my own apartment!!

Oh, and one thing that I'm looking forward to the most I think about this trip: getting a hug from my dad tomorrow when he picks me up at the airport. It'll be my first human contact in a few weeks (even longer if you don't include all the characters that I gave hugs to while at Disney). Sad, eh?

6 comments:

  1. Ah yes, those weird 'Canadian' Thanksgivings. ;-) I know those all too well!

    Have fun! Hugs are always good. Such a shame that you couldn't get any of them from your own husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, not weird :P American Thanksgivings are weird!! Plus, I was born on Thanksgiving, so :P

      And thanks! Can't wait!! And yeah, like I said yesterday (I think), it's like we're basically roommates now, no touching or anything :/

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're gonna be able to see your family, you deserve a break from your husband, enjoy all the food and time there... you can come and spend Christmas in Miami with us if you'd like to :)
    Sarai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarai! And haha, if only I had vacation time! I've spent it all on this trip, and even one of those days is going unpaid!

      Delete
  3. I found your blog on VJ and clicked on it because I like reading peoples expat blogs. I'm really sorry that you are going through this with your husband, I've seen all the help that you give in your spare time to help people on VJ and you deserve so much better. I hope that the time you spend in Canada with your family helps you and that you get a lot of the hugs you have been missing lately.

    A fellow VJ'er

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. They mean a lot. I wish my situation had turned out better, but alas, it doesn't appear to be meant to be...

      Delete