Friday, October 17, 2014

Recap

So, it's been quite a few busy days lately, so it's been hard for me to write a post. I'm going to just write everything in one post instead of separating them out.

First up. My return flight was on Tuesday, leaving Montreal at 5pm. When I got to my gate around 3:30pm, Ben still had not texted ONE WORD to me that day. I was almost going to board without even telling him, but thought it'd probably be best to tell him (especially since he was to pick me up at 11pm). Anyways, so, ended up having to deplane as a leak was discovered (and was going to take at least 2 hours to fix, thus likely missing my connection). When I told Ben we were deplaning, he didn't seem too concerned about what was happening. Whereas my mom and dad (who I was texting as well) were freaking out a bit, asking me what was to happen with my second flight and a hotel in Minneapolis (where I was connecting). Ben on the other hand barely asked me any questions about what was going on. So, that was awesome. Anyways, after many updates to new departure times, we finally left Montreal at 10:45 (nearly 6 hours later). When I got to Minneapolis, I immediately texted both my parents and Ben that I had landed. My mother had previously told me if she didn't answer when I landed, it was because she was fast asleep. My dad replied right away that he was happy I landed safely and to have a good night and to text him in the morning. I didn't hear a peep from Ben, even after I got to my hotel for the night, an hour later. [I later found out the next day he had erratic sleeping patterns while I was away, so thus why he didn't reply... Alriiiight -_-]

Anyways, so the next morning, I had gotten to my gate at Minneapolis and still hadn't heard a word from Ben. So, even though I didn't want to text him, out of spite, I still did, cause as I mentioned above, he was picking me up from the airport and all. So, less than 2 hours later, I finally made it to Fargo. On the ride back to the apartment, I talked about the flight and stuff for the first minutes, then we kinda lapsed into weird silence. He unlocked the apartment doors for me, and after using the bathroom, he left for work. Once I did get to work, it took awhile for him to strike a conversation up on Google Hangouts.

Weirdly, he got really chatty after work when we both went to Papa John's to pick up some pizza for supper. So, no awkward silence in the car there, thank goodness.

Oh, and before we had supper, I had gone to my new apartment to sign some papers and do a walk-through!!! So, that was the highlight of my day. Got my brand new keys as well as a gifted water bottle :)

Yesterday, I called up an internet company here in town to get internet service for my new apartment. They said I should have internet by today at 5pm. And since I would have my own modem router, nobody was needed to come to my apartment (which I had been worried about since I might have to miss work for to meet them at the apartment 10 minutes away). So, yay!

So, yesterday afternoon, I had planned to go to two furniture stores to see their selection of mattresses and couches, then head on over to the Target and Walmart in Moorhead (lower sales tax!) to get a couple required items. Ben asked if he could tag along (since he had nothing else to do). He spent most of that time texting other people as I drove around, while we had supper, while I was shopping *sigh*

Anywho, bought a mattress and frame in one of the stores and I'll be picking it up on Saturday (I'm renting a cargo van from U-haul on Saturday!), to save like $50 in delivery fees. Then got some stuff at Target and Walmart. After we were done, I drove to my new apartment to drop off everything as well as to show Ben the place since he hadn't seen it yet. Upon getting to the apartment, I discovered the utensil organizer I bought was too big for my drawers (d'oh!) as well as finding one of the bowls I bought had a large crack in two places :( So, I'll be going back to Target this evening to return the two items.

Oh! Before I forget, Ben did do one nice thing yesterday. As we were heading up to the checkout lanes at Walmart, Ben told me that since he didn't get anything for my birthday (glad he remembered that fact), he would pay for my purchase, which ended up being $60, so that was nice :)

Anyways, think that's it for updates. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, haha.

Excited to move tomorrow! Will be a busy night tonight packing, since I didn't get a chance to pack the last 2 nights XD

No comments:

Post a Comment