Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Personal Loan

So, after realizing how many costs I'm going to incur with this moving out (rent, deposit, pet deposit, bed, furniture, etc), I thought it might be best if I apply for a personal loan.

I made an appointment for yesterday, Tuesday, at my Wells Fargo bank. I was in and out within 20 minutes. The banker said I'd hear back either later that evening or tomorrow morning.

Well, yesterday evening came and went and no call. And this morning came and went with no call. Finally got a call in the afternoon.

With bad news... :(

My application was denied :( Apparently I had too high of a debt to income ratio, so they couldn't approve me. I was completely devastated.

I was hoping to get a loan so I could pay off first month's rent, the deposit, and get everything I needed. But alas, things are going to be a little harder now. Ben offered to give me his $500 in his savings, but I declined. He already sent me $200 for the pet deposit, and I feel like that enough tainted money as it is...

I still have about $600 to pay off from my Florida trip, but at this point, I'm probably going to have to hold off.

I have enough in my savings to cover first month's rent. And then I'll be getting paid this Thursday, and hopefully that covers the $300 deposit (I'm only getting half the amount this paycheck since it includes the one week I was in Florida, unpaid). As for the furniture and stuff I'll need, I'll get the bare minimum and charge it. I'll likely won't be able to pay off all my credit cards on time (like I usually do), so I'll be incurring some interest for a couple months I'm guessing.

So, hopefully this new plan works out.

Now, just to hear back from the apartment. I hope this debt to income ratio doesn't hurt my apartment application....

No comments:

Post a Comment