Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Lease update and settling in

Stopped by the property management office of my last apartment with a letter in tow signed by both myself and Ben stating I had moved out, took the cat with me, and he's taking full responsibility of the lease now. Also dropped off all my keys. *sigh* Never thought I'd be in that situation where I'd have to do that. But, it had to be done.

Besides that, been settling in this past week. Since Sunday, I've only gotten like a box or two unpacked. I did most of it over the weekend, and it's just the less important stuff to unpack now.

And my sweet cat, Catniss, is settling in nice. She was really nervous the first day or two. She's still exploring a bit (like the tops of my kitchen counters the other day, haha). It's a much smaller apartment than our last one, so hopefully that won't be an issue.

And oh, on Monday, I got the key fob to the gym! The key fob machine wasn't working when I was there last week to sign the lease. And although the gym isn't in my apartment building (it's in the rental office building like a 2 minute walk away), it's still nice cause it's free :D So, yesterday I decided to take advantage of that. As soon as I got home from work, I got into some work clothes and walked over. They have some ellipticals, which is my machine of choice, lol, so worked out on that for 20 minutes. Then took a nice shower once I got back home. I didn't go today (had errands to run after work which took about an hour), but I'll see about tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Time to get in shape :)
    Sarai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all is well with you, and that you have stopped blogging because things are looking up

    ReplyDelete