Saturday, October 18, 2014

All moved in!

Phew, what a day! I'm completely exhausted!

Reserved the cargo van rental from U-Haul for 9:15am, so no sleeping in. By the time we got the U-Haul and returned back to our apartment, we started loading around 10ish.

On our way back up the stairs to get more stuff, Ben was on his phone texting. Every time. It was absolutely ridiculous. Like come on, focus on helping me move and put the phone away for a few hours.

After bringing the first set of boxes to my apartment and unloaded everything, it was around 11 and as we were both starving, we headed out to lunch (where you guessed it, he was still texting). Anyways, we picked up my new mattress, box spring, and frame at a local furniture store, then headed back to our apartment to finish loading everything (and yes, once again, Ben was still texting).

This was our second and last trip, phew. After everything was inside my new apartment, we set up the bed frame. Once it was done, Ben announced that he needed to make a phone call. I was like, can you at least help me put the box spring on the frame so I could start putting the bed skirt on that. He said sure. So, after the box spring was down, he headed out into the hallway. The building hallway. He said he wouldn't take long. Yeah, okay, I know how that goes.

I managed to put the bed skirt on my box spring, put a mattress protector on my mattress. I then manhandled putting the mattress on top of the box spring all by myself. I proceeded to then get all the sheets and the comforter on. I even got all the hangers up in my closest and was maybe 1/3 through getting my clothes hung up when Ben finally returned. About 45 minutes later... His only words in regards to the call was "well, that was not fun". I didn't even inquire about what he meant. I'm assuming his 13 year old "friend" had another mental breakdown or something.

Anyways, at that point, it was getting late. About 4:30 and I had the rental until 7, so we headed back to U-Haul to return it. We then went out for supper at a local restaurant (where yes, Ben texted frequently) and before heading home, stopped at a Best Buy cause Ben wanted to look at monitors (thankfully didn't buy anything). I then drove Ben back to his apartment. Managed to find a few of my things in his boxes (from our move back in March up to Fargo), so got all that in a bag. And then said goodbye and left alone to my own apartment.

Yes, I'm grateful that Ben helped me move (no way would I have been able to do all that on my own), but it would have been nice if he had put his phone away for most of it. Oh well. This is the reason why I moved out, so why should I expect anything different?

Tomorrow I'll be returning to pick up kitty stuff and the cat herself. Thought it'd be best if she stayed one more night there to give me a chance to unpack stuff. Got everything in the bedroom pretty much unpacked. There's still quite a few boxes out in the kitchen/living room area though. Might tackle some more boxes in the morning before lunch and heading out to his place. We'll see though. I'm pretty exhausted, so XD

No comments:

Post a Comment